Our Therapists are degree level human movement experts, the training doesn't stop after finishing their degree, it is a lifelong passion and commitment. All our therapist partake in continued professional development.
This means we are constantly learning new techniques and skills - as the science and research evolves so do we.
Keeping you moving forward.
Matt Lawrence BSc (Hons), MSST. Dip Sci, Dip PT, Cert OMT SM.
Clinical Director and Lead MSK Therapist.
Matt is an experienced professional that specialises in the prevention and treatment of complex musculoskeletal conditions and pathologies. His passion has always been human movement and rehabilitation. After successfully completing his studies in Sport & Exercise Science, and a successful career as a fitness consultant and personal trainer for some of the countries premier hotels and spas, Matt went on to complete his Degree in Sports Therapy and Rehabilitation, achieving Honours from the University of Chichester. Since then he has worked with elite level GB athletes, England national athletes, Irish national athletes, Premier League footballers, celebrities and everyone in between.
Matts passion for rehabilitation excellence drove him to launch his first clinic Inspire in 2012. Subsequently, in 2017 he opened Inspire Therapy and Pilates bespoke clinic, studio and rehab gym in Hythe on the edge of the New Forest in Hampshire.
BSc (Hons) Sports Therapy;
- Advanced Human Anatomy
- Advanced Acute Injury and Trauma Care
- Advanced Neuromusculoskeletal Manual Therapy to the Spine
- Advanced Manual Therapy to the Peripheral Nervous System.
- Advanced Rehabilitation: Return to Function
- Advanced Rehabilitation: Return to Competition
- Physiology of the Exercising Human
- Pathophysiology and Virology Injury Rehabilitation.
- Advanced Sports Injury Management
- Soft Tissue Massage and Manipulation Techniques
- Advanced Sports Trauma and Injury Management
- Clinical Biomechanics of the Exercising Human
- Psychology of Injury and Rehabilitation
- Therapeutic and Clinical Electrotherapy
- Ultrasound Therapy
- Post Graduate Qualifications:
Primary and Advanced Spinal Manipulation, Osteopathic Spinal Manipulation Techniques OSMT
Chiropractic Advanced Spinal and Peripheral Adjustment Techniques CAT.
- National Diploma in Sports and Exercise Science
- Australian Physiotherapy and Pilates Institute (APPi) Level 3 Advanced Equipment (pending)
- APPi Level 1 & 2 Pilates Class Instructor
- Level 3 Diploma in Personal Training
- Level 3 Advanced Fitness Instructor
- Level 3 Nutrition and Weight Management
- Power Plate Instructor Core Fundamentals
- Body Balance Instructor
- Advanced Kinesio Taping for athletics
- Tai Chi Qi Gong Instructor
Joining our team
Sports Therapist or Physiotherapist?
Do you want a career that would allow you to make a real difference in people’s lives?
We are dedicated to having a positive impact on patients and their lives.
Do you want to help people move out of pain and back to the Sports or Goals of their choice?
Then we want to hear from you. Inspire Therapy & Plates is looking for skilled and passionate clinicians. Previous experience in MSK is essential.
You must hold either a BSc (Hons) Sports Therapy, BSc (Hons) Sports & Exercise Therapy or a BSc (Hons) in Physiotherapy with a specific interest in MSK and Sports Injury prevention and treatment.
Please contact the clinic via email.